Saturday, March 04, 2006

WordMergers

Here's another half baked concept from my long abandoned website. Please feel free to suggest some new ones.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


When you read them, don't say the syllable in parenthesis. For example, kinfestation is a merger of derived from kin and infestation. As far as I know, these terms are all my own inventions.

bag(ag)gravation - getting carry-on luggage stowed

kin(in)festation - overrun with visiting relatives

condemn(emm)igration - how penal colonies get started

cayenne(an)imation - grabbing for water at the ethnic restaurant

prefab(ab)beration - most modern buildings

flag(ag)gravation - hot button in some Dixie states

contempt(tempt)ation - urge to flame

beer(irr)itation - pale ale hangover

resell(cel)ebration - "I just sold my boat"

blue crab(ab)dication - "we don' need no steenking restrictions"

quick fix(fix)ation - always looking to cut corners

fedex(ex)hortation - last minute "guidance" from the boss

No comments: